Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hungry Like a Wolf

So...in keeping with my usual fashion, I've started another diet. I had been noticing that a friend of mine had been getting thinner, and thinner. So, I asked her...are you sick, tape worms, heroin, TrimSpa? Well...to find out, none of these...my answer to her answer..."Hungry Like a Wolf." She told me that for two months the following foods were all that she ate:

fruit
veggies
fish
chicken
skim milk
hard boiled eggs

Well...that doesn't sound too hard I thought to myself...so then I asked her a TON of questions...can I have string cheese, can I eat whole wheat bread, what about M&M's, to which she kindly replied, "ultimately you can eat whatever you want, but this is what I ate." Hmmm...ok, so I started today... I attempted to hard boil eggs...ok, you're thinking "attempted?" How hard could it be. So...I called my mom (an infinite source of cooking knowledge, albeit surprsing, since I thought she never cooked,) and asked her how to boil an egg. :) She tells me three minutes after the water starts boiling...well, I'm no spring chick, so I boiled them for 4 minutes. I got to work, cracked open the first egg...gooey yolk. YUCK!!! So...back in the ziploc bag it went...along with the other one...hoping I wouldn't have to smell rotten egg all day. So...I ate my freeze dried fruit (both bags), and went for a diet coke, which by the way, the friend said was a no go...when she said this, I laughed and bought a diet coke. So...by the time lunch rolled around (11:30a.m.) I was STARVING! Wallaby's...ok, I can do that. An entire plate of smoked turkey and veggies... ok, ok, I cheated with a tiny scoop of smashers and a few droplets of BBQ sauce. I wonder if that's indicative of how this is going to go? eh, we'll see. At this point, I tell my friend Arianne about my NEW fabulous diet...and which point, she laughs...and says it will last 4 days. Well...now that's what I like to call a challenge! So...here I am, blogging, and really wishing I was eating. I am now officially HUNGRY LIKE A WOLF!!! On that note, I'm off to Costco to find something I can eat. Out with the old, in with the new.

4 comments:

Treasures4u2Share said...

Yay...you added something tonight like you said you would!!!
Three-four minutes on the hard boiled eggs huh? Hahaha--That cracks me up! YUM!
Better luck tomorrow! :)
Love ya

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

I boil the eggs for 7-8 minutes after the h20 boils. Good luck on the diet!

Aidan & Morgan's #1 Fan said...

THIS is why I love you. I am totally cracked up. I just spent a freakin' hour touring your blog site and missing you like crazy. I love reading everything you write. Just makes me happy. I'm on a diet too.......... of course. 48 pounds to dead sexy. haha! Of course, eating 1/2 of Aidan's fries don't count because 1.I didn't order them Shawn did (I was the one with the salad) 2. Aidan was feeding me. Who can say no to a 1 year old?

Aidan & Morgan's #1 Fan said...

THIS is why I love you. I am totally cracked up. I just spent a freakin' hour touring your blog site and missing you like crazy. I love reading everything you write. Just makes me happy. I'm on a diet too.......... of course. 48 pounds to dead sexy. haha! Of course, eating 1/2 of Aidan's fries don't count because 1.I didn't order them Shawn did (I was the one with the salad) 2. Aidan was feeding me. Who can say no to a 1 year old?