Friday, May 30, 2008

My Mom - My Hero



This is a picture of my beautiful mother, my hero. She is quite possibly one of the most amazing people I shall ever know. Last year, in June my mom found out that she had colon cancer. I can remember the day as if it was just seconds ago. I had never felt that sick, sad, scared, sorrowful, and hurt in my entire life. I could not even imagine my life without my mother. She is not only my mother, but a best friend. As soon as I got off the phone with my mom, I fell to the floor in humility, asking the Lord, our Savior to allow my mom to fully recover, that this would not be her time to leave us. I knew from that moment forward that she would be healed. She spent the next 8 months of her life in the most pain she will ever feel, scared, sick, and tired...she did not complain...she did what she had to do to get better. She tried to stay so strong for the rest of us when I know that inside, she probably just wanted to quit. I have never been more proud of my mom in my entire life. She is an example to all. She is always ready and willing to help. She is thoughtful, loving, and perfectly imperfect. I love to hear her voice. Sometimes I call her on the phone, just so I know she's there...just so I can hear her. Her laughter is beautiful. Whenever I am sad, or scared, or I just don't know what to do, I call my mom. She always has the right words to say, and always makes me feel better. The last few days have been difficult. It was time for her follow-up scans and blood work. I am beyond happy to report that my mom is 100% cancer free. Mom, in case you read this, I want you to know that I am so thankful for you. I am so thankful that you are a strong, independent woman that I have always been proud to call mom. I am thankful for your example, and for your love of the Savior. I love you mom!

7 comments:

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

You're mom is the Best! What a special relationship you both have. We are so glad to hear she is 100% Cancer free. She is an amazing lady.
We love you all!

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Kelli- the was so sweet! You are so amazing. I would so like to get to know you better!

Treasures4u2Share said...

Kelli-you bring tears to my eyes! I know you love your mom, and she loves you! You are both amazing to me. You are so lucky to have each other. I love the power of prayer--we've prayed along with so many for you all. We are so happy for you guys! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. It touched my heart.
Love ya!

Omgirl said...

How sweet! I'm soooo glad she beat the cancer. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful mother.

The Scotts said...

I'm glad I got to know your mom. She is such an amazing woman. Like mother like daughter. Love ya girl.

Jill said...

Kelli, I'm so happy your mom has recovered. What a relief for you.

Suzy said...

Your Mom is cool, but it is time to update your blog! You have two birthdays coming up, maybe you can talk about those!