Tuesday, December 2, 2008

...and the wait is over!!!

We have been called as Sunbeams teachers in the Primary. We have our first activity with the Primary in a couple of weeks. We have to create invitations for each person in our class and then plan an activity for them to get to know us. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Kenny is so glad that we got Sunbeams, but I would have liked kids that were a little bit older...so they would appreciate my well planned out lessons...ha ha! We were released from the activities committee, but we are still helping with the ward Christmas party...I have to cook my very first turkey and ham. Oh, I think I'll be calling my mom! ...things were much easier when we were invisible. :)

7 comments:

The Scotts said...

Congratulations! I've taught sunbeams once. It was very......nerve racking! Don't expect much and you'll do just fine. Snacks still work too! Enjoy them, they'll be a lot of fun. A cookie party might be a good idea. You make big sugar cookies and have them decorate them. It's messy but they have a lot of fun. It gives you a chance to help them and learn what they like. Good luck! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks :)

McKell said...

Sunbeams are super fun. You learn alot from the mouths of sunbeams! I loved teaching because it didn't matter if I had a well prepared lesson or not. :) No, but seriously bring treats.

Jill said...

I love Sunbeams! They say such funny things and a huge part of every lesson can be drawing a picture of whatever the lesson is on. Good luck.

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

Congratulations! That will be so much fun! The little kids will love you guys! Snacks are always a good idea! When I taught Primary I went to Desert book to get ideas of things for little kids, they have some fabulous things..I found a finger puppet called "quiet mouse" that worked wonders!

TGPalmer said...

Congratulations! I love the sunbeams!! Not much presure, and they are usually really sweet! good luck!

Omgirl said...

You're going to love Sunbeams. Picture a whole room of little Daphnes! Oh wait. That doesn't sound so great after all. Sorry.

Laura =0) said...

Laura here, So I stop checking your blog and you finally start posting, what's that about? Ha ha! Anyway, i taught sunbeams and they are super fun and will love you forever and ever if you have treats just don't give it to them til the end and trust me they will seem to pay attention. Looks like your stocked ;) Lol that makes me laugh you guys bought a lot of candy dang!