Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like...spring!


I'll tell you right now that I have issues sleeping if it's too hot...so, I finally talked Kenny into buying a ceiling fan for our bedroom. (this was about a year ago.) So, since then I have checked out Lowe's and Home Depot each about 3 times. I have yet to find a ceiling fan that I liked. So I broke down and went to a lighting store. I actually found a fan that I like. $206, that's not too bad I thought as I looked at the hanging tag. About $50 more than any fan I sort of liked at Lowe's. I proceed to tell the clerk that I'll take the fan...keeping in mind that the ceiling fan in the store, hanging with the price tag on it, has a light on it. She asks me if I would like the light...ummm...of course I'd like the light...aren't I looking at the light? oh, that's extra, and oh, you like the glass around the light, oh, that's extra too. So, at this point, we've added on another $50. Does this fan come with a remote I ask? This is important because if I get too cold, or too hot, I need to be able to turn it off/on without leaving the comfort of my bed. A remote? she asks as if shocked to find out that I would want a remote with it. No, it does not come with a remote, but for another $38 I can add the remote to it. Ok, well...we need to do that. Then she asks me how long I would like it to hang from the ceiling. It comes with a six inch drop. Ok, so what if I want the 12 inch drop, oh, that's another $6. When all is said and done, my $206 ceiling fan is now $298 with a small discount that she so lovingly gave me. My rant for the day: PLEASE MARK YOUR PRICE TAGS AS IS!!!! I don't want to know how much one piece of the puzzle is...I want to know how much the WHOLE puzzle is. Oh well, it's just money, right? Now all I need to do is find someone who can hang it for me...pro bono anyone?

2 comments:

Omgirl said...

Except for the fact that today is beginning to look a lot like winter, yuck. But anyway, that is a rip off! How retarded that they advertise a price for something that isn't what its hanging from. Grrr...

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

How agrivating! I have to say, I did get a chuckle out of your story. Been there done that with other things before. Nuts!