Friday, February 20, 2009

Monte Carlo - Las Vegas


Can I just say...the Monte Carlo I am not a fan of. A year ago we went to Las Vegas and had reservations at the Monte Carlo, but a couple of weeks before we were supposed to leave, the Monte Carlo caught on fire. Fortunately for us, they recolated us to The Signature at the MGM Grand. It is an amazing hotel. Well, not being able to afford The Signature this time around, we settled on the Monte Carlo again. Since we didn't stay there last year, we thought we'd give it a chance this year. Well...that was a BIG MISTAKE! We checked in around 5:00p.m. We had reserved 1 king bed, and our friends had as well. We both get to our separate rooms, and there were 2 Queen beds. I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you are used to sleeping in a king, and your husband is 6'4, it's kind of a big deal. We went back to the front desk and they got us 2 more rooms with king beds...but on separate floors, oh well, no big deal. So Kenny and I have been in our room for about 10 minutes when we smell pot coming through the door that separates our room from the room next door. Keep in mind we are on a non-smoking floor. So, I call the front desk, who turns me over to security. They come up to our room...they can't smell anything. Are you kidding me? It's seeping into our room. So, they leave, and then the cigarette smoke starts coming through the door. Also, keep in mind I am pregnant so I have a heightened sense of smell. Security comes up again, we can't smell anything, even though we can smell it, and our friends can smell it too. They told us that it's probably the cleaning supplies they use in the rooms. SO...what you're telling me is that your cleaning supplies smell like pot??? I find that REALLY hard to believe. They told us that they can't knock on their door and find out unless they can smell it. OMG! They tell us that we should probably just change rooms. So, they upgrade us to another tower, and give us a room with a strip view. They also have to change our friends so that they are in the same tower with us. Our friends key won't work to their room, so they have to go to the front desk AGAIN! While they are at the front desk, Kenny is getting our room. He finally gets up to our room and realizes he has left his coat in the previous room. So, he has to call the front desk, who lets us know that they have already booked that room out. So at this point security has to go and get his coat out of the room. By the time all of this happens, it is now 8:00p.m. It has taken us 3 hours to get into our room. I didn't feel like the hotel staff was all that helpful, or apologetic. They just didn't seem to care at all. So...I think next time we'll just pony up the money and stay at The Signature.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

wtf, you're pregnant?! congrats!

sorry about your crappy stay at the monte carlo.

Jill said...

You're pregnant!? Did I miss the official announcement or was the casual mention in this post the official announcement? CONGRATULATIONS!

Laura =0) said...

Your pregnant!? Congratulations!! You must give details! What a subtle way to tell everyone lol you make me laugh. Anyway it was so good to see you guys! You guys just let us know when you want to come down for a few days like you said we'll get that room ready for us you can sleep on our king ;)

Ashley said...

Congrats!!!! Woohoo! How far along are you?

Demi-Dos said...

you are so funny! "...keep in mind I am pregnant..." I LOVE IT!!!! only 222 days to go!

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

YAY! Congratulations... on the pregnancy, not the room situation!

Omgirl said...

I can't believe what a horrible hotel experience! but more improtantly.


YOU'RE PREGNANT???? whAT? Since when????!!! I am so excited!!!!

The Scotts said...

My thoughts exactly... YOU'RE PREGNANT??????? That's awesome. You'll be the cutest pregnant lady. Congratulations you guys.

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Congratulations! I assume you will want to name the baby Amanda if the gender is female, and I hereby give my full consent.

Suzy said...

What the...I read this post like 3 times. Congratulations!

Carrie Mortimer said...

Alright I agree with everyone here. Congrats on the baby!!! That's fantastic, also like Jill said did I miss a big announcement or was this your fun way of telling everyone?

Crystal Hadlock said...

Um I did a double take/read you say your preggers?!!!!!!! YAY! Hurray!