Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fat girl *thinks* about exercising


So...when I wake up in the morning and step on the scale, this picture is how I feel, minus the desire to workout. You would think this would be motivation to get my butt on the elliptical and just"do it." But for whatever reason, it's just not. I spend my entire day thinking, "I should go work out." But instead I find other things to do, like blog, surf the net, putter around the house, start a load of laundry...I couldn't possibly find the time to work out, could I? and for some reason I am always shocked when I step on the scale to find out I haven't lost any weight...come on, I skipped lunch...ok, so I did eat a JCW's kids meal for dinner, and several bags of fruit snacks, BUT HEY GUYS, I SKIPPED LUNCH. I am thrilled with the fact that I've lost 25 pounds since August, but when you have 70 more to lose, it doesn't seem that satisfying. It means I'm only a fourth of the way to my goal...yes, I can do math...thank you Springville High. Is losing weight enough motivation? or should we rather be motivated by being healthy, knowing we aren't going to die if we are healthy and work out, instead of being motivated by the white linen Bebe pants that have been in the back of my closet since the day we got married?

3 comments:

McKell said...

Here Here! My Mii person grew bigger the last time I played Wii fit. How embarrassing!

Ashley said...

Um you have just described most of my days. I should work out is becoming my motto.

Omgirl said...

You are SO not alone. I go through that every day....lying in bed, trying to decide if I should get up so that I can work out before my kids wake up and bug me too much to do it. Or add the fact that if I don't do it before my kids are up, I'll have to get them all dressed and take them to the gym with me. IF I can get a spot in the daycare. Sigh....yep, not easy to find the strength to work out.