Monday, January 12, 2009

Sunbeams - Week 2


Kenny's turn to teach...phew! This week will be a breeze. We had both procrastinated studying for our lesson...oops! Saturday night we had friends over for games and food, and during game time, I looked over at Kenny and he was studying for the lesson...what a good boy. ok, all is good...this will still be a breeze. We get to church...sunbeam bag in tow, uh oh...we forgot the puzzle. Kenny ran home to get it, while I enjoyed the rest of sacrament meeting. Uh oh, we forgot to get a picture of Jesus and Heavenly Father...it's ok, we'll grab one from the library before we go to sharing time...everything is good. Sharing Time...I get 5 of our 6 kids, while Kenny gets one REALLY unruly little girl and a sunbeam, who I think isn't in our class. Sharing time starts...he's still there. " Does anyone know who this is? I don't think he's in our class. No, it's not Cameron..." Ok, so he belongs in another Sunbeams class...and no, he's not moving out of his chair to go sit with his class...fine, sit with ours. The unruly girl and the mystery child won't stop bugging each other...licking each other, climbing under the seats, etc., so Kenny moves the unruly girl to his big kid chair, and he takes her ultra tiny, too small for a 6'4" man chair. Well...wiggly, wiggly girl, wiggles right through the back of the chair and onto the floor where she hits her head and starts crying. I whisper to Kenny, trade seats with her... By now the mystery child has moved a row back to sit with his brother, where he is threatened by the Primary President to put his flashlight away, or it's going to be taken away. Meanwhile I have the cutest, quietest little girl sitting on my lap, playing with my watch, adorable boy on one side playing with the same watch, and another adorable girl sitting on the other side of me, playing with my hair. Please note that ALL of our Sunbeams are adorable...even unruly little girls who are lifting up their dresses, putting their feet on their chair, and scratching their bare thighs. PHEW, we made it through Sharing Time... which was followed by a lesson, stickers, puzzle, two trips to the drinking fountain, one trip to the girl's bathroom...me supervising, one trip to the boy's bathroom, Kenny supervising...his trip didn't go quite so easy as mine. Something about our adorable little Sunbeam coming out with his pants down and his diaper in his hand, followed by a panicking Kenny looking for his parents, snacks, thievery, crying, trips to the moon, ring around the rosies, and coloring. I need a smoke. j/k I've never even smoked a cigarette...but I can imagine that if I would have...this is when the cravings would have come back. But the best part is, we get to do it all over next week. I truly do love our Sunbeams and I've very thankful for this calling. They are already teaching us patience and love.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Kenny may need to be a little more strategic with who he sits with. :) By the end, they will no longer act like Nursery kids and be able to sit better. Good luck until July!!!

Jill said...

Sounds hilarious! I look forward to future installments.

Crystal Hadlock said...

that is so hilarious! I can see avery being that wiggly little girl I don't know about primary next year! Yikes!